Saturday 13 June 2015

Lush Carlisle, Bloggers Event

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to a "Bloggers Event" at Lush in Carlisle.

I love Lush stuff, and whenever I pass a shop I seem to be drawn in and my purse pops open and money falls out to buy things with  :)

I particularly like things like the shampoo bars and the scents, not forgetting the smell of the shop even before you go in.

So, it was a Saturday evening, 6.00pm, the shop had just closed, but of course they opened the doors to let us in for an exclusive event just for local Bloggers.


Healthy smoothies were on offer - veggies and fruits made up this colourful concoctions - I had the purple one, couldn't quite bring myself to drink something that green, but everyone who did said it was delicious.  The purple one was delicious too  :)


And cute little blueberry cupcakes... or were they muffins.  Either way, I ate one - just to be polite you know.



First we watched some "Mermaid Shimmer" being made.  A "Big Blue" bath-bomb and a little piece off "Sunnyside" Bubble Bar mixed together made this electric blue water with a gold shimmer running through it - beautiful.


Then onto the fun stuff - making a bath bomb!  How exciting, I was chuffed to be actually getting to mess about in a crafty manner.

I really wish I could remember the ingredients - other Bloggers were taking loads of notes, but I just wanted to get my paws in and start playing.

There was a big bowl of blue stuff (we were making a "Big Blue" bath-bomb) and a bowl of white stuff with sea-salt, and another bowl of white stuff.


After mixing white stuff with salt, and white stuff with blue stuff and chuck in some citric acid, which got right up my nose and made me sneeze!, it was time to press the powder into a mould.


So THAT'S how they get the names on the balls.


First the sea-salt mixure went in to give Big Blue the recognisable white top it has.  Pressed down hard to compact, it was followed by the blue powder.  Both halves of the mould were filled then it was simply pressed together - and just like that a bath-bomb was made.


Then it was time for a little pampering and to try out some summertime products, such as toners, cleansers, scrubs, massage bars....



And this unusual sun-screen powder with an SPF of 15.  Clever idea if you don't want to be gunked up with wet, sticky sun-screen lotion.


And these are the lovely shampoo bars that I like so much - have you ever tried one?  If not, do, they make seem expensive but they last for ages.


This is why I love Lush.....because they are against animal testing.   In that bag was a whole array of goodies for me to try out.  They were so generous!


The bath-bomb that I made, along with a Stepping Stone foot scrub, some Powdered Sunshine, as mentioned above, a tub of Ocean Salt face & body scrub, Breath of Fresh Air toning water soaked into some cotton pads, The Comforter bubble bar and other bits and bobs too - we were very lucky.


This was a great event, and if any of the ladies who looked after us that night are reading, I would like to say Thank You very much, it was so much fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.