Saturday 16 March 2013

Liebster Award

I have been given a Liebster Award by Anna from The Dusty Attic.
I wasn't at all sure what it was to be honest, so had a little Google on the matter.  It seems to be a way of promoting fellow bloggers, and we could all do with a bit of that, so here goes...


The rules of the award are as follows.. 
-  List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions which are given to you by your nominator
- Ask 11 questions for all the bloggers that you nominate to win the award
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers to win the award
- Go to each of the nominees' pages to inform them about their nomination
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by mentioning them and linking their blog in your post


11 facts about me:

  1. I am married to Andrew, my soul mate, we have been together 13 years.
  2. I have three children, Iain (22), Adam (21) and Shona (19)
  3. I can nip with my toes - quite hard too!
  4. I love a decent red wine.
  5. My favourite food is Indian - Paneer Cheese is my absolute fav, but I am very fond of Okra too.
  6. I am a vegetarian, would love to be vegan but love my eggs and cheese, I am therefore quite fussy where I buy my eggs from.
  7. I have made jewellery for Barbara Windsor.
  8. I told Boy George he was a lazy, fat, w***ker when he refused to come out of his trailer at The Sands Centre in Carlisle for about 6 young (teenage) fans.
  9. I am a huge fan of musical theatre and often arrange trips to Glasgow to see a show.
  10. I am one quarter Scottish, and proud of it :)
  11. I LOVE David Jason.
And here are my answers to Anna's questions:

What is your guilty pleasure?
It would have to be red wine, Chilean ideally, never French.

What is your favorite joke?
I can honestly never remember jokes.

Chocolate or crisps?
Crisps, I am a savoury toothed person.

What was your favorite TV programme from your childhood?
The Wombles.

What is your favorite book and why?
The Rules Of Life by Richard Templar - it has some wonderful quotes that stay with you.  "If you don't like it, change it."

What is your earliest memory?
This has to be my Mum coming home with my baby sister, Julie, she was laying on the sofa and I was trying to work out how the baby came out, I came to the conclusion that she must have been like an Easter Egg and popped in half then put back together again.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Marrakesh, this fabulous place has stolen my heart.  Not sure I would want to go forever  but wouldn't mind a year to see how it is.

What’s your thought on marriage, do you believe in it and do you ever want to be married?
I like being married, it feels more like a commitment for me.

Who do you look up to most in life?
I look up to so many people, people who have worked through illness, tragedy  emotional stuff.  I couldn't possibly single any one of them out.

Have you ever stolen anything?
Yep :(  a 5p piece for a ride on an electronic pony thing that was in the covered market - my goodness I got such a hiding for that!

Have you ever been on stage? 
Once, at a holiday camp, one of the children had to wrap me in toilet paper - mortifying!

And the 11 questions that I would like to put forward:
  1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  2. Do you have a secret talent, if so what is it?
  3. Have you met any celebrities?
  4. Do you have a pet name?
  5. Do you have any pets?
  6. If you had to make someone a special meal, what would it be?
  7. What is your favourite holiday destination?
  8. What style of music do you like and who is your favourite music artist?
  9. What would be your ideal day?
  10. Have you done anything you really regret?
  11. Do you believe in Karma?

And here are my chosen bloggers with less than 200 followers that I would like to give an award to  :) (this was supposed to be 9, but most bloggers I follow have more than 200 followers :/)







1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.