Saturday 22 November 2014

Joe and the Camera - another visit to the Etterby Street window.

If you have been following for a while you may remember a blog I did a year ago, almost to the day actually, about a window that changes all the time and is just, quite simply, magical.

Click HERE to revisit, refresh or have a peep for the first time.

In a nutshell I have been admiring this window for years, so when I found out last year that there was to be a book written about that very window I had to sneak myself along to the launch, (held in the actual house) to buy a copy.   That book was called "Joe and the Window"

A year and 8 days on and there is now another book called "Joe and the Camera"
This time I was invited to the launch, of course I had to go - the books are sold for fabulous causes both local and away, and they only cost £6.00.
Yep, just £6.00 for a book that you can read to your little ones time and time again.  And trust me, they will love it.


If you would like to buy a book for yourself you can find them here:



So off I pop, camera in tow, to buy a book and take some more photos for you to drool over.

It's just a regular terrace house, on a regular suburban street, in a small city, up North.



Or is it?........... come inside and have a look.



Could you live in a house like this?
I certainly could, would and really, really want too  :)  I need my trees to grow in my garden so I can start hanging things off them  :)

Speaking of gardens.... follow me into this one.


Then at the end of the garden is a greenhouse.  The most perfect place for a cup of tea, a glass of wine, a read of a good book or some chill time.



Thank you Hilary, for opening your door and letting us see your amazing collection of things.  If I visited every week for the rest of forever, I am sure I still wouldn't see everything.

4 comments:

  1. Enchanting!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. That's the perfect word to describe it Maggie.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful place this is. Maggie definitely summed it up perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.