Monday 25 April 2022

A puddle of circles

One of our lessons in Uni was on how to cut circles from glass.

The easy bit is actually cutting the circle, the harder bit is breaking it out from the rest of the glass…. So it’s good to get a bit or practise in.


I cut nine circles out in total, using three different colours and various different sizes.

Then I thought I might pop them in the kiln to fuse together and make an interesting wall hanging.

After being left overnight to fuse in the kiln, I was quite excited to open the lid and see what I had.

It’s maybe a little more ‘puddly’ than I would have chosen, I should have not fused it as high as I did in retrospect, but I still quite like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.