A few weeks ago I took part in this collaboration - it was part of a tutorial to learn Sgrafitto.
I designed the middle part of the pattern using Sacred Geometry, then I carved it into the clay.
Other decoration was added by other students and some mark making too.
So, I was lucky enough to be allowed to keep it, as long as I glazed it and fired it – well, I was more than happy to do that!
I used a clear earthenware glaze, which was a little disconcerting as it turned the whole thing white!
Then off to the kiln it went to be fired at 1100 degrees.
The finished piece is fabulous! I love the depth of colour that the stained slip gives, much better than experimenting with glazes I think.
I really enjoy this process and can see me taking it a lot further.