Monday 28 March 2016

Crochet Firework Blanket

If you follow my Facebook page you have probably seen this blanket a hundred times by now.  It is my 'Firework' design and I am pretty pleased with it.

I had in mind "popping" colours edged with black to make them stand out.  Then I went a step further and made the coloured parts with variegated yarns, so they change colour within.




Each square is a little Catherine Wheel of colour, just like a Firework.  Edged in black to represent the night sky - as there is no point setting Fireworks off during the day is there?




I just used my stash for this blankets, hence the many different colours throughout, but I think it works ok.


I will write up the pattern very soon   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.