Thursday 24 February 2022

Alcohol Inks on glass

 


I wondered how alcohol inks would react when dripped onto glass  - having had some success with using them on Gourds in the past, I thought I would have a play.

 

So, I took my inks and a bottle of 99% alcohol along with a pipette and got to work.


I found the results really pleasing – and then I found a piece of scrap glass that looked like a Sail…. Remembering I had some little handmade wooden boats that needed sails, I had another go at dripping ink followed by alcohol to make it run.


Really happy with the results. 


And it looks so nice with the light coming through it.


To finish the sail off I added an edge of Copper Foil – with the plan to soldering it, but then decided to leave it just copper as it looked nice.

Then I popped it into my little boat that a friend had made.

 


I love this, so easy to do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.