Friday 4 February 2022

Sandblasting little squares

A lesson in using the sandblaster today.

First of all I cut 12 small squares of glass, then piecing them back together I stuck some sticky backed vinyl all over them. 

I then drew a basic flower image that I had found on the internet.

Next, I cut the lines out of the flowers with a sharp craft knife. The parts I cut away were the parts that I wanted blasted by sand.

The sticky backed vinyl wasn’t quite sticky enough, so I started again with strips of masking tape which was a bit stronger.


Once I had given them a good blast in the sandblaster, I removed them from the tape, cleaned them off and started to wrap each square in copper foil.

I then fluxed the copper foil and soldered it all back together again.

Not the neatest work I have done, but I think it looks ok, and shows off the sandblasting nicely.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.