Wednesday 9 February 2022

Cutting a hole in a bottle

I thought I would have a go at grinding a hole out of the side of a bottle – for no particular reason, other than I can!   The grit was 120 grade.

I had to hold the bottle really tight so it didn’t get caught by the wheel and would go flying off in any random direction…. then I just waited while the grinding wheel did its stuff.

After grinding one side I decided I would do the other too, making a hole all the way through.

The frosted coating on the bottle looked a bit uneven at this point so I popped it into the sandblaster for a quick blast to see if it would help – it didn’t really.


I think I might display this with a wire form in it, poking out of the sides and top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.