Monday 28 February 2022

Fused Glass experiments.

 Today we got to play with pieces of glass – layering them up to create some interesting patterns and designs.

I have done this for quite a few years now in my own studio, but it was nice to just ‘play’ and see what happened rather than creating something purposeful to perhaps sell or gift.


I just layered up some pieces that I had found left over from someone else’s waterjet cutting project, I thought they formed interesting shapes and was interested to see what would happen when they were layered on top of each other.

It was fired at around 780 degrees – normally at home, I would have gone a little higher to create a smoother surface.  But the texture was quite nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.