Saturday 28 September 2013

Storecupboard dinners - Cous Cous Bake

My first "Storecupboard Dinners" recipe.  Cous Cous Bake.

This was actually very yummy, I would definitely make it again.  The idea is to mix it up - change ingredients, swap things about, make your own culinary masterpiece.



What you need:
  • Packet of Cous Cous  (any flavour, I had one with nuts & seeds in it)
  • Protein of some sort (I used Quorn 'chicken')
  • Frozen chopped Garlic
  • Dried Herbs
  • Oil
  • Dried Chilli Flakes
  • Small amount of grated cheese
  • Breadcumbs (either made from fresh bread, or the dried ones in a tub)
  • Tin of sweetcorn


What you do:
  • Pre-heat oven.
  • Make up the cous cous according to the instructions and leave to one side.
  • Pop some oil in a frying pan along with the garlic, dried herbs, chilli flakes, heat.
  • Add in the protein and stir till cooked.  Add the sweetcorn and the cous cous and stir until heated right through.
  • Add enough sauce just to give the mixture a coating.

  • Pop the mixture in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with grated cheese and give it a coating of breadcrumbs.
  • Put straight into the hot oven, top shelf and leave until the breacrumbs brown and the cheese bubbles (10 mins or so)
  • Eat.

Nom nom.


  • Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.