Sunday 29 September 2013

Storecupboard Dinners - Margret's Bread & Butter Pud

A guest blog from Margret, about her Storecupboard Dinner.



Well it wasn't a full meal, but we had leftover bread pudding yesterday. 

See I defrosted the freezer and found four sad looking brioche rolls that were really not for eating as they were, so I cut them in slices, buttered them, spread some marmalade on them. Then I buttered a dish. 

Now for layers ... one layer of buttered rolls, one layer of sultanas another layer of rolls etc. 

Now for the filling ... oh dear ... not much milk left. OK 1/4 of a pint of semi-skimmed and 1/4 of a pint of water, mixed with 2 eggs (normally I would only use one but with this lack of milk...)
Mix the lot together real well and pour over the rolls etc. in the dish. 


Leave that to stand for a while so the liquid gets soaked up. Then bake it at 160 degrees for about 3/4 of an hour. 


The custard was made from 1/4 pint of milk and 1/4 of a pint of water and using two table spoons of custard powder and 2 table spoons of liquid sweetener it boiled up to a lovely custard. 


Well there you go ... had half of it yesterday and the other half is for afters at lunch today :)



Sounds blooming yummy to me!

Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.

2 comments:

  1. ooohhh ... guest blogged ... :) Hope nobody has such sad looking brioche rolls in their freezer LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to wonder what makes them look sad :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.