Tuesday 9 September 2014

One of my "work in project"s - Crochet Bag

I so wish I could finish one project before starting another.   

As we speak I truly believe I have three projects on the go - a crochet floor mat, a crochet flowery thing and a patchwork panel.  I think of these three things as they are the projects that I have on the go in the living room, when in reality, up in the craft room, I have about 25, and I am being cautious with that estimate.

As I move rooms  (this move is taking me ages as I am sorting out EVERY box as I go) I am finding more and more half-done projects.

In the hope that blogging about them will give me the push needed to finish, here is the first one.

A crochet bag.  You can find the pattern HERE if you fancy a go yourself, but remember it is written in US crochet terms.

Using the yarn I had left from the crochet jumper I made way back in November 2013, I started a bag.  Although I did run out and have to go and find some more.  Alas when I went to get a new ball the shop didn't stock that shade, so I decided to grab a different shade.  I actually think mixing the shades worked better in this case.


Loads of ends to weave in, hands up if you hate sewing in ends  **both hands waving madly in the air**.


And there we have it  (still with ends to work) a bag shape nevertheless.


I have bought handles and a funky lining, just need a push to get it finished now.

Push me.... PUSH ME!!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, the mixed shades and lovely hues really work well. I've seen the pattern recent myself and thought about making random grannies. Should get on that really - but I'm a little like you - I need to finish more projects before starting the next

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to start a new one when you get an idea though, always fearful the that idea will disappear if I don't make a start on it ;)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.