Wednesday 17 September 2014

Squiddly Diddly Crochet Squid

I have been working on a new kit - a kid's comforter kit, in the shape of a squid.

Don't ask me why a squid, just the name "Squiddly Diddly" popped into my head and refused to leave.

I started making it when sitting at the Carlisle Art Fair last month.  Didn't bother writing down any instructions, but I think I can remember.  Will need to make another one anyway for the step-by-step photos.

The yarn I used is "Cotton On" by James C Brett.  It's a cotton/acrylic mix, but so soft to the touch, and not stretchy so it holds it shape well.


I used a plain shade for the head and tentacles, and a colour change one for the blanket part.



Aww, someone likes Squiddly.


So, little people can hug Squiddly, they can throw him about, they can carry him by his head, and when they are tired they can snuggle into his soft cottony texture to sleep.  But even better than that, they are able to have a new one made if Squiddly should ever get lost!  :)






Kits will be available in green (as shown), beige, lilacs and blue.  I am working on the blue one now, but here is the beige.






























If you fancy having a go, you can find them HERE.

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.