Friday 26 September 2014

Chickpea Curry

This may look like a plate of puke, but it's actually really very delicious.  Trust me!

As often with my recipes, it is a "chuck-it-all-in-the-pan-and-hope-for-the-best" method, which seems to work well for me.    It is great for cold cooked veggies left over from the night before's dinner.

Chickpea and vegetable thai style curry.


So, chop up any veggies that need cooked - here I have courgette and mushrooms, and fry them in a little olive oil with a good teaspoon of curry powder.


Add any, already cooked, veg and beans, or chickpeas.  What I have in here now is sweetcorn, peas, pre-cooked carrots and half a large tin of drained chickpeas.


For the 'sauce' I used this cup soup mix as it is a curried base with a Thai flavouring, but any other cup soups will work just as well.


Chuck in the sachet of soup mix and add the recommended water amount (I used boiled water from the kettle) - if it is too thick you can add more water later.  Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins until all the veggies are heated through.


Serve with whatever you eat curry with.  I served it piled on a stuffed paratha from HDM Spice Shop in Carlisle.  Nom Nom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.