Wednesday 9 March 2022

A cracked dish – my first failure

 Remember this lovely (even if I do say so myself) dish I made ….. well, it’s now in the clay recycling tub

I was looking through the firing shelves to see if any of my work had been done, and there I saw it…. My dish, which a huge crack right across!


I hunted down Mary, our technician, and asked why … there’s quite a few reasons, but in reality..”shit happens”!

Maybe it dried out too quickly, maybe I didn’t compress the clay enough.  Either way, I was a little bit broken hearted I have to say!

I did ask if there was any way of repairing it, and was told two or three times it would be easier and quicker to make a new one.  (and basically learn to cope with disappointment).

So, with a heavy heart I took it to the recycling room and dropped it in the tub.

It was quite sad to see it sink down into the murky water…. But all good practise I suppose.    Best go and make another one now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.