Thursday 10 March 2022

Experimenting with marbles

  have melted marbles in the kiln quite a few times over the years, to make pin badges, tie-pins and other stuff.

But this time I wanted to see if I could fuse some to window glass.

The hardest job is getting all the little buggers to stay in the right place, as once you knock one it is like a domino effect and they roll about all over the place.


After a bit of swearing, and much more time than this deserved, I seemed to have them all laid out nicely in the kiln.



I placed a few on top of a small square of window glass – these too had the tendency to roll about, but we got there in the end.

The following morning I opened the kiln with anticipation, wondering if I would find a heap of melted marbles all in one corner of the kiln, but luckily they had stayed put and fused down nicely.


And the best bit was…. My experiment had worked too!


With no incompatibility cracks either would you believe?

 


Result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.