Wednesday 16 March 2022

Kiln pick-up practice

This week we had a demo on picking up hot (previously made and reheated) pieces from the kiln to create a sculpture.

There was about 30 pieces in the kiln, and 5 let at the end of the demo so I cheekily asked if I could have them to practise with.  😊


I had to take a punty and pick each piece up one-by-one, keeping it at the correct temperature for attaching to the main piece.  It was quite good fun actually, although a bit warm when hovering over an open kiln  😊


I think the finished piece looks a little dolphin like….. I was planning to make a kind of sculpture with it by crocheting through the holes – but we shall see!

Also, I need to decide which way to display it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.