Saturday 5 March 2022

Sacred Geometry

I have to do two pieces of work for my Uni assignment, based on some research I had done previously.
As I seem to always been drawn to patterns - mandalas, kaleidoscopes etc.  I decided to go down that route.

My tutor advised me to research Sacred Geometry after I mentioned I was interested in Moroccan Tiles and would like to make something based on those.

So I bought myself a book by John Michell, and searched for some You Tube tutorials and had a play!

I was advised to try this tutor online - Adam Williamson


So I tried his Baba Nakkash pattern.



You start by building up a grid of circles and lines, only using a pair of compasses and a ruler.


Then you add in the main lines, rubbing out some gridlines to help as you go.


Finally you rub out all of the grid lines left and the main pattern remains.



I really enjoyed this, I have always liked building patterns - and I often do some Zentangling, which is mindful doodling really.   I can see myself creating a lot more of these patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.