Saturday 12 March 2022

Sgrafitto – kidney dishes

 I thought I would practise my new found Sgrafitto skills on my kidney dishes.

They had been dried to a leather hard state (not fired) and then coated with three coats of coloured slip – orange on one and bright blue on another.

They had been dried to a leather hard state (not fired) and then coated with three coats of coloured slip – orange on one and bright blue on another. 

 


(The colour comes out when the firing process is finished.)

I decided on a kind of visual illusion pattern – which looks better on a flat piece of paper to be honest, but I think it did work quite well on this.

I started by marking the dishes out in sections…….

……then carved smaller lines into each of those sections.


I am quite pleased with the result of these.. off to the kiln to be biscuit fired before being glazed and fired again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.