Monday 14 March 2022

Glazing Ugly Pots

 I had a couple of pieces of hand built pottery that I wasn’t particularly over happy with, so I thought I would use them as glaze test pieces.

This has taught me that I really need to make all of my own glazes and test them properly, as this piece stuck to the kiln shelf as the glaze ran so much!

At Uni we have a system that nothing goes in the bin and we are encouraged to use any left over glazes from other peoples projects, should we wish to do so – the issue with that is you never know what you’re going to end up with.

With this one I dipped one half in one colour and the rest in another colour, then splashed it for added effect.

 

It’s still ugly  😊

But, it’s all a learning curve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.