Thursday 1 January 2015

The new VAT on Downloads rule

If you follow a lot (or even a few) craft or small business blogs, you might have noticed that a hot topic at the moment is the new VAT rules regarding downloads  (patterns, photos, music, etc...)

Well, in a nutshell, VAT will need to be charged on each one, adding 20% to the bill.   If the 20% is not enough to put me off selling them, then the quarterly VAT returns, being VAT registered and having to submit tonnes of paperwork is!

I have been VAT registered before and it is, quite frankly, a pain in the buttocks for a small business.

If you would like to read more about what is happening, then this link leads to a great, well written, blog on it.

http://thebluebottletree.com/taxman-cometh/

Therefore.....  I have made the decision that from now on ALL of the downloads I put on my site will be FREE!

You can find them HERE if you fancy a wee peep  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.