I LOVE pasta, it has to be one of my favourite things, and when I featured this on my Facebook page as part of #ShareYourTeaTuesday, I promised I would post the recipe.
So, you will need:
- Pasta of your choice (we have wholewheat twists)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
- Bag of Baby Spinach
- Pine Nuts
- Olive Oil
- Dried Basil
What you do:
- First of all cook your pasta, and when it is just a few minutes off being done, continue with the next step.......
- Heat up a bit of Olive Oil in a non-stick frying pan, pop in some dried basil and chuck in the tomatoes, swishing them about to let them cook.
- Toss in some pine nuts and toast them quickly in the oil with the tomatoes.
- Next pop in a huge pile of baby spinach - this stuff wilts down to nothing, so be generous.
- See? Wilted :)
- Chop up the feta cheese into small, dice size cubes.
- Then at the last minute chuck them in the pan and stir. Don't put them in too early, you don't want them to melt, just to heat through slightly.
- Finally mix it all together with your pasta and serve. (Careful eating those tomatoes though, they hold their heat for ages - trust me, I know these things!!)