Saturday 2 May 2015

A blanket for Baby James

Baby James is my Great Nephew, and a very cute little fellow at that, but following on from a sister, all his blankets and things were mainly pink!

Not that pink matters for either gender I don't think, but I thought it would be nice for him to have his very own blanket in a different colour than pink.

His mum asked for blues and creams in a crochet "Patchwork" effect.

I chose this gorgeously soft yarn from the W.I. range at Hobbycraft.

Is is "Soft & Cuddly" in the blue stripes.




















So of to work I went, creating a pile of little Granny Square.

After joining them all up I edged the whole thing in a fan shape edging, which became really quite interesting as the yarn changed colour.


When done, and after sewing in all those ends from all those squares, I gave it a good steam blocking to make it all flat and beautiful.


And here is it, all finished and ready to go to it's new home to keep Baby James warm and cosy  :)




I do love doing Granny Squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.