Friday 22 April 2016

Patchwork Turtle - free tutorial

A little while ago I was asked by Hobbycraft to create a soft toy, aka Stuffie, tutorial.  It needed to be easy to make, but with a little skill, and using the Heather Jacks (winner of last years Sewing Bee) Fat Quarters.

I scribbled some ideas, including a dinosaur, a rabbit, a mushroom and a turtle.   The Turtle won, even though it was still just a pencil drawing I could imagine it's cute little buttony eyes and it's cuddle-able shape.

So I got to work, cutting, sewing, stuffing, tweaking.... and this little chap was born.

The shell is sewn by hand and the limbs either by hand or machine.


If you would like to make one for yourself, then the step-by-step photos are over on the Hobbycraft Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I have just made your Turtle after finding him on Hobbycraft. I put a photo of him on my blog if you would like to see him.Thank you for designing him. Marion

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.