Tuesday 5 January 2021

A day in numbers....

 It was 5th of November 2020 when I wrote this.....

This week I travelled through to the university, I noticed on the way that it looked like a completely different road due to the trees changing colours and starting to drop their leaves. I realised that I don’t usually travel a route out of the city of Carlisle on a regular basis, so haven’t noticed how different the roadside environment can change.  There were some points that I actually had to check I was still on the A69 as it looked that different.

 

Today’s lesson was about using Data in an art form.  We were asked to jot down our day in numbers, for example, three cups of tea, two glasses of wine… then put them into a poster.

 

Its amazing how many numbers you can come up with for a whole day!

 

We then messed about and put it into a poster. I opened Photoshop, but I didn’t have a clue how to make something in there, which threw me into a very short state of panic – I don’t want to look stupid in front of my fellow students,  so I changed to Publisher. I think I have used Publisher once before many years ago, it seemed to come back to me so I didn’t find it too difficult, thank fully.

 

I really enjoyed messing about with a layout of numbers and images to produce my poster, and I was quite happy with the result.



It's an fascinating way of looking at data, making pictures from it makes the data so much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.