Well, I have to say I am so impressed with the strength of wood glue! I have used many glues throughout my crafting life and to be honest I didn’t hold out much hope for a glue that could stick and hold wood together, but it works!!
My little bits of blind slat are securely stuck to the photo frame. That is what I call a good result.
So without further ado I nailed them into place.
And the whole idea worked out quite well. I am patting myself on the back for that one.
I have added a length of wood up the centre of this side to help support the window and the door…. I know I need to hinge the door onto something, and the slats would not be strong enough. As I have never worked with this kind of material before I really have no idea what I am doing. My working style is very much to ‘suck it and see’, in other words… make mistakes (a lot) and learn from them.
When I design a piece of crochet I can draw and plan, as from experience I know how to make certain shapes and styles, but with this I have not one scrap of knowledge, so I am completely learning as I go.
With the window finally in place I decided to leave the door for now and turn to the last side. I needed a window in that side too and I now had a bit more confidence in doing that.
Once again I measured and glued my slats to my photo frame, clamping it down until it had set, then I nailed it into place.
Right, that is three sides complete now. I need to tackle the door next.