Tuesday 26 January 2021

Fitting a floor...

I need a floor.  So off to my shed I go for a look about to see what I can use to make a floor in my Shed.



I found a sheet of foam board which should work nicely, and a selection of sticky backed plastics – one that looked like flooring.

I measured and cut the foam board. It must be cut with a blade and some element of precision this stuff, so I sliced down it with a Stanley blade, bent it in half at the cut and then sliced the backing.  Cut quite nicely actually. 

I had to measure some corners to trim out due to the shape of the underside of the table, then I had to cut a little more off the corners so I could get the board in past the table legs.  



Next, I covered it with the sticky backed plastic.  The one I wanted to use wasn’t quite big enough, so I painstakingly patched the last couple of rows in, inch by inch.  I don’t think you can tell too much unless I point out where the patched part is.



And yep, I was happy with that. It actually looks like a floor and doesn’t really add any weight to the shed as foam board is so light.



It took about an hour to make and all the materials were from stash.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.