Friday 13 December 2013

Crochet Patchwork Style Bag

You may remember THIS blog post featuring a colourful jumper.  Well originally I bought this yarn to make a bag with, but as it was so lovely I made a jumper instead.

I ended up with a couple of balls spare, so guess what?  I decided to make that bag after all.


Only I didn't quite have enough. I managed to get 15 and a bit squares and I needed 24.  Was I really going to have to go back and order one more ball online and pay postage for one ball?  Like that would happen, me, ordering one single ball of wool.


But 10 miles away in Wigton I found a stockist, called Woolsty, so I jumped in the car and off I went. (Now, I do know that it would have been cheaper to pay postage of £3.00 than paying for petrol to do a 20 mile round trip, but hey, it was something to do on a miserable Saturday afternoon)

Slight issue was that there was no shade 5.  What to do, what to do?

Easy, buy a different shade, well, it is a patchwork style bag afterall.

This one is shade 7 - and actually, I like it a little bit more. I am wishing I had seen that when buying it originally as I am sure this would make a wonderful jumper.


24 squares later and I am ready to join them up.
Can you believe all these squares from just 2 balls?  Lovely.


I joined them with a very pale blue colour yarn, just because it looked better than others I laid beside it from my stash.



So, this is where I am at the moment.  I now need to sew all those ends in, and I am planning to line it with material and a little wadding.  I think lovely buttons at the joins wouldn't go amiss too   :)

If you fancy making one, you can find the pattern over on A Creative Being's blog  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.