Tuesday 2 February 2021

A teeny weeny crochet blanket.

 

My mini shed project would never been complete without a little bit of my speciality in there – Crochet!

Working on a 1:6 scale I ordered some funky 2ply crochet thread (sadly I didn’t have any of this laying about in my stash) and dug out my small 2.00mm crochet hook and got to work.




I decided to make a traditional Granny Square blanket.   It doesn’t matter how far your crochet journey goes in respect of difficulty, most people will always return to a Granny Square at some point.


I made sure I used all of the colours to make it as bright and colourful as I possibly could.  Then laid it out to plan the finished piece.


To join I used the ‘join as you go’ method, favouring this because you don’t have to thread a needle and sew all the edges together. It’s a quick but effective way of joining.


I finished it off with a couple of rows or a plain stitch to edge it.


The finished measurement is 17cm x 21cm which is a perfect size for my mini shed.

This took about 4 hours to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.