The Kiln Gods were good to me overnight, when I opened the lid of 'big blue' my faithful kiln I was so relieved to see a piece that had worked how I wanted it to. Always a risky business using recycled glass.
It had slumped down pretty evenly and the numbers had worked. Big thumbs up all round.
So, off I went to my craft shed to find a clock mechanism that I know I have somewhere as I save all sorts of stuff for 'just-in-case'.
Instead of just finding a mechanism, I actually found a clock kit that someone had gifted me a few years back... now my idea had evolved somewhat, I could use this piece to add something else to the design.
The kit consisted of a wooden clock base, along with a wooden ring and the clock part.
I decided that the ring needed to be bright red... like a warning ring, to warm people about time ticking away to save our planet.
So I painted it all red.
I am going to give it another couple of coats, then work out how to assemble it all!