Friday 24 April 2015

A brilliant week at Hobbycraft HQ



You may have heard me mention that I was travelling down to Hobbycraft HQ to do some tutorial videos for their website.

I wasn't quite sure whether to be excited or nervous - a bit of both I think.  I am not one for liking my photograph taken, so why I would put myself in front of a movie camera I really do not know!

But, I did  :)

Following on from my mammoth journey, that I blogged about a few days ago - you can find it HERE -  I arrived bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at Hobbycraft HQ on Bournemouth Aviation Park.


Of course it was offices, as it is where they actually run things, but there was loads of crafty stuff about too - paradise  :)

I got given a spare desk, so I opened my suitcase (17 kilos full of crafty stuff) and spread my bits about  :)  Just made myself at home.


There were 11 videos to shoot - some short, some a bit longer.

At first it was really weird and I was very self-concious about talking to the camera, but by the end of day three, I was chattering away to it like it was an old friend   :)

The guy doing the shoot, Mike Smith, was great, very patient. Even when I fluffed up the same line the tenth time!  

You can find his company, Boxhead Media, on Facebook.



During filming breaks I dabbled with some of the projects, as you might  :)


So this was where I spent most of the day, bright lights and cameras.

I had such a brilliant time, now all I have to do is wait for the videos to be uploaded and I can be nervous all over again   ;)


Will blog up a link when they become live.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Sooz - you felt the fear and did it anyway :)
    Looking forward to seeing the films.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.