Monday 13 April 2015

Crazy Quilted Placemat Class at Hobbycraft

Last week I held a Crazy Quilting beginners class at Hobbycraft, Carlisle.

There were just two crafters that came along to this class, which was good as it was a first class of it's sort for me and I wasn't sure how many would be a good number to have - as machines are chugging, and irons are heating, plus you need space for fabric cutting too.    So from now I think 4 students will be an adequate amount of people  :)

Shelley and Janet joined me for some random chopping and sewing to make themselves a place-mat each.


And don't they look fabulous?

In order:  Shelley's, my own (that I made as a sample) and Janet's.


And for a closer look, this is Janet's.  She used a gorgeous Fat Quarter pack in muted flowery colours, with tones of pinks and soft greens, with a striking black & white fabric to balance it all out.

Beautiful!


Shelley went for a fun fabric, with foxes, paw prints, acorns and a print that looks like wood.

Very cute.


Such different fabrics giving off very different finished results, both of which are fantastic I think, don't you?

If you want to have a go yourself, you can find my tutorial HERE, or look out for one of my classes coming soon.    (



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.