No one else wanted it, Shona & Marie wanted Toad In The Hole, Andrew had Mini Kievs (his naughty filthy junk food vice). Risotto for one it was.
As I hardly ever follow a recipe, or if I do I only use it as a rough guide and end up adapting it quite heavily, I thought I should write it down just in case I fancied making it again, as it was rather tasty. Quite healthy too as I had no Parmesan (veggie version of course).
Here we go then, you will need: (Serves 2)
- A pile of mushrooms
- Half a 500g box of Riso Gallo risotto rice
- Peas (as many as you like)
- Dried Mint
- Crushed Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Small single serve bottle of white wine
- 1 litre of veggie stock
What you do:
- In a really good non-stick pan heat up a little olive oil, fry the garlic and mushrooms until soft, then pour the whole lot, including the juices, into a dish for later.
- Add a little more olive oil into the same pan and stir fry the rice until golden.
- Have a mouthful of the wine and pour the rest into the pan, stirring until it absorbs.
- Add a ladle of stock to the pan, along with a good sprinkle of dried mint and the peas. Allow to absorb.
- Everytime the rice absorbs the stock, add another ladleful.
- Repeat until all the stock has gone - around 20 mins, and the rice is nice and tender, but not soggy soft.
- Finally chuck in the pot of mushrooms, garlic and mushroom juice and stir.
- Give it a good shake of freshly ground black pepper and enjoy.