Tuesday 9 April 2013

Mannequin display

I was asked to tart up some mannequins in the sewing department of Hobbycraft.

I have not dressed a doll since I was about 10 years old, and I am not a dress-maker, but I do like a challenge  :)

The larger mannequin had already been dressed by my colleague, so I just needed to add a little something to it.  I did this by adding a few layers of voile on top of the skirt piece of fabric, ruffling another piece of fabric for a sash style effect and adding some FABRIC FLOWERS.


The little mannequin was sadly naked, so she had to be started from scratch.

Taking some material that was laying about, I pinned and tucked, folded and pleated, added voile and some FABRIC FLOWERS and a silver ribbon sash,  until she was modestly covered  :)

Doesn't she look cute?


Feel free to make some FABRIC FLOWERS for yourself, would love to see what you do with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.