A very easy to make soup, creamy without cream, and as spicy as you like - I like to add plenty of dried chilli as I heard they are good for metabolism ;)
I always look out for the reduced parsnips in the bargain bit at the supermarket. Parsnips are often in there, the sweet potato is to add a bit of sweetness and to thicken it up a little more. You don't even need bread with this soup as it is quite hearty, even when blended.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp cumic seeds
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- half tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- shake of dried chilli flakes
- 400g peeled & chopped parsnips
- 300g peeled & chopped sweet potato
- 2 veggie stock cubes
- water to cover
What you do:
- Put all spices and oil in a pan, or in a soup maker if you own one, heat gently until the seeds start to pop.
- Add chopped up parsnip and sweet potato, chuck in the stock cubes and just cover with water.
- Boil/Simmer for 20 mins or until veggies are soft.