Easy Cheesy Squeezy Pancakes, which are yummy in your tummy. Not just for pancake day ;)
So, it was pancake day - I would make something pancake based for tea. What I really wanted to do was an asparagus and mushroom pancake, but I had neither asparagus or mushroom in the house. Morrisons supermarket is literally minutes away, but I really hate shopping, so decided to try and cobble something up from what was in the cupboards already. Making this dish part of my STORECUPBOARD DINNERS recipe collection :)
What you need:
- Flour (I used wholemeal, any will do)
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Fizzy Water
- Cheese (any, brie, Dairylea, good old cheddar. Old dried up bits are fine too)
- Something to put in them! (I had Quorn mince and peas for mine and Chicken Tikka strips for the carnivores)
What you do:
- Put some flour in the bowl - 3 or 4 tablespoons.
- Make a well in the centre and drop in an egg or two.
- Mix from the centre until the mixture thickens.
- Alternatively splash in milk (then stir) and fizzy water (then stir).
- Until the mixture becomes a pouring batter.
- Heat up some oil in a non-stick frying pan until nice and hot, then make a pancake for the pan.
- See? pretty pancake.
- Make two for each person and leave them to cool.
- Now make a cheese sauce - you can find my perfect cheese sauce recipe HERE.
- Mix your fillers into the sauce - into one I put Quorn mince, peas and a dollop of wholegrain mustard.
- Into the other, chicken tikka strips. Spinach would have been good too but I didn't have any in.
- Give the pancakes a squidge of tomato ketchup and spread about, then plop a load of cheesy mix on so it sits down one side.
- Roll it up and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and dried herbs and bake at gas mark 6 for about 20/25 mins or until warm in the middle
- Enjoy :)
You can make these ahead of time and just do the oven baking bit when you are ready to eat.